Vasukital Trek is a popular trekking route in the Indian state of Uttarakhand, situated in the northern region of the country. The trek starts from Gangotri, a town in Uttarkashi district that is famous for its ancient temple dedicated to the river goddess Ganga.
The trek continues through the Gangotri National Park, which is known for its diverse flora and fauna. The trail passes through dense forests of deodar, pine, and oak trees, and offers stunning views of snow-capped Himalayan peaks, including the Shivling peak, which is considered sacred by Hindus.
After a steep ascent, the trail leads to Vasuki Tal, a high-altitude lake at an elevation of 4,950 meters. The lake is surrounded by towering Himalayan peaks and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. It is said to be the origin of the Vasuki Ganga, a tributary of the Ganges River.
The trek is considered moderately difficult, with a total distance of approximately 28 kilometers. The best time to undertake the trek is from May to June and from September to November when the weather is pleasant, and the skies are clear.
Gangotri Vasukital Trek is a fantastic adventure for nature lovers and trekking enthusiasts looking to explore the stunning beauty of the Himalayas.
Day ( 1 ) Rishikesh to Uttarkashi ( Drive 168 km / 6.7 hrs / 1,158 mtr )
EXPLORE TO UTTARKASHI
- Explore to Vishwanath Temple.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
Day ( 2 ) Uttarkashi to Gangotri ( Drive 100 Km / 5.6 hrs, / 3,048 mtr )
DAY OF GANGOTRI
- Today we will leave for Gangotri in Uttarkashi district which is about 100 kms away. On the way we will pass through Gangnani hot spring, Harsil and Bhairon valley. On arrival, we will check-in at the already booked hotel and relax for sometime. Later in the evening, we will visit Gangotri temple. to participate in the aarti and darshan of Goddess Ganga. Later, we will return to the hotel after dinner and stay overnight.
Day ( 3 ) Gangotri to Bhojbasa ( 14 km / 5.6 hrs / 3.768 mtr )
THE TREKKING TRAIL
- We will start our day a little early in the morning and finish breakfast early to leave for our first trekking experience. We will trek from Gangotri to Bhojwasa via Chirbasa, which is about 14 kms away and requires 5 to 6 hours to reach. The initial trek to Chirbasa, an adobe of pine trees, quality is easy as we will walk along the flat track and the unstoppable Bhagirathi River. However, the track after Bhojwasa, the land is actually fertile and is referred to as the arctic tundra by some professional trekkers. On reaching Bhojwasa we will set up our camp at a possible camp site near the river and rest for some time. Later in the afternoon, we will explore the areas around the camp site for ourselves and watch the beautiful sunset at Bhagirathi Peak. Enjoy dinner and tent stay at Bhojwasa.
Day ( 4 ) Bhojbasa to Tapovan ( 9 km / 4.5 hrs / 4.463 mtr ) Via Gaumukh ( 4.048 mtr )
VIEW OF DAY TAPOVAN
- Today we will wake up early in the morning to have a panoramic view of the group of Bhagirathi peaks. After breakfast, we will travel to Gomukh, the source of the Ganges from Bhojwasa. The name of this place is derived from their shape which appears as the mouth of a cow. According to legend, Gomukh is the place from where the water of the holy river Ganges falls down from the glaciers. On reaching Gomukh, we will explore this area and then proceed towards Tapovan, which is one of the high altitude alpine meadows with beautiful backdrop. The place is famous for its wild flowers, magnificent meadows and sparkling streams. Tapovan is the gateway to various trekking routes and hosts a huge base camp. On reaching Tapovan we will put up tents and after dinner enjoy dinner in the tents.
Day ( 5 ) Tapovan to Nandanvan ( 6 km / 5.6 hrs / 4.338 mtr )
CLOSE VIEW MOUNTAINS
- Today’s trail will turn out to be one of the most treasured experiences of your life.. However, be careful and be careful to tell your story to others.. By now you must have seen a rough glacier from afar, or maybe walk on it Even if you’ve seen it, you’ll pass it on today!! As you start the day, we head to the glacier, and then begin. our exciting journey across the wide glacier, which has crevices. tar, huge boulders, loose rocks and a chunk of ice at the bottom. It is an unstable moving river. carefully!! Trekking on the wide glacier requires immense energy and good motivation. After crossing it, we begin our steep climb to Nandanvan. a beautiful meadow surrounded by towering peaks and glaciers. Overnight in tent.
Day ( 6 ) Nandanvan to Vasukital ( 6 Km / 5.6 hrs / 4.898 mtr )
VIEW OF VASUKI PARVAT
- Today we will trek to Vasukital which is 6 kms. And the trek goes on the right side of Chaturangi Glacier. We reach the highest point of our trek at 4,979 meters which is the lake of Vasuki Tal elevation. This seems to be the base camp for Mount Satopanth and Mount Vasuki Parvat . The lake also serves as a beautiful base. The trek uphill is steady. Vasukital Overnight In tents.
Day ( 7 ) Vasukital to Nandanvan ( 6 Km / 4.5 hrs / 4.463 mtr )
BACK TO NANDANVAN
- From Vasukital we will trek back to Nandanvan Campsite. And overnight in tents to Nandanvan.
Day ( 8 ) Nandanvan to Bhojbasa ( 15 Km / 5.6 hrs / 3.768 mtr )
BACK TO BHOJWASA
- Today we will reach back from Nandanvan in Bhojwasa which is a 15 km trek.
Overnight stay in tents.
Day ( 9 ) Bhojbasa to Gangotri ( 14 Km / 4.5 hrs / 3.048 mtr )
BACK TO GANGOTRI / UTTARKASHI
- Morning after breakfast, we will leave for Bhojbasa for Gangotri. Which will take around 4 to 5 hours. Same day drive to Uttarkashi.
- overnight stay at the hotel in Uttarkashi.
Day ( 10 ) Uttarkashi to Rishikesh / Dehradun ( Drive 168Km / 6 hrs )
- Morning post breakfast, we will drive from Uttarkashi to Rishikesh / Dehradun.
- Departure day
Ask Our Expert
Vasukital Trek with Great Adventure Gangotri
Contact us for planning your Vasukital Trek with best travel packages of as per your requirements!
EVENTS BY ACTIVITY
EVENTS BY GRADE
EVENTS BY DURATION
Follow Us On
©2023. greatadventure.in All Rights Reserved.