The Nandanvan trek from Gangotri is one of the spiritual. and adventure trips in the Garhwal Himalaya region. It is not just about a pilgrimage, but is covered with colorful alpine-snow. Mountains, moraine streams spread far and wide under the calm blue sky. The flowing and wild environment in the valley make it one of the beautiful treks. Uttarakhand Himalayan region. makes a. Connecting many Hindu pilgrimage sites. The journey uncovers the mythological source of the Ganges River. Gaumukh at about 4,125 meters. Which is at the muzzle of Gangotri Glacier and further on top of a silver crown. Bhagirathi group of peaks, with a spectacular view of Jogin Peak. reveals. Shivling Peak and many other peaks and gradually merges with difficult snow covered tracks. A herd of Bhalls can be seen on this trek.
Gangotri Nandanvan Trek starts from Gangotri. Which is at an altitude of 3,048 meters. Gangotri is one of the Hindu pilgrimage sites, which is famous for the temple. Dedicated to Goddess Ganga. From Gangotri the trek passes through rich deodar forest and leads to Bhojwasa. 3,800 meters away. After this the journey continues through Chirbasa towards Bhojbasa. And after a day’s adaptation it climbs up to Tapovan. The trek snakes and winds from Tapovan to the Gaumukh Glacier to Nandanvan. And over the dangerous moraine, which makes the journey harder and harder.
Gangotri Nandanvan Trek is considered to be one of the toughest treks in Indian. Himalayan region and hence recommended for travelers. Those who have experience of high altitude trekking before. Also, the best time to visit Nandanvan. From Gangotri via Gaumukh and Tapovan occurs during the months of May and June and September and October.
EXPLORE TO UTTARKASHI
- Explore to Vishwanath Temple.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
DAY OF GANGOTRI
- Today we will leave for Gangotri in Uttarkashi district which is about 100 kms away. On the way we will pass through Gangnani hot spring, Harshil and Bhairov valley. On arrival, we will check-in at the already booked hotel and rest for sometime. Later in the evening, we will visit Gangotri temple. to participate in the aarti and darshan of Goddess Ganga. Later, we will return to the hotel after dinner and stay overnight.
DAY OF BHOJAWASA
- We will start our day a little early in the morning and finish our breakfast. Early to depart for our first trekking experience. We will trek from Gangotri to Bhojwasa via Chirbasa, which is about 14 kms away and requires 5 to 6 hours to reach. Initial trek to Chirbasa, an adobe of pine trees. Quality is easy as we will walk along the flat track and the unstoppable Bhagirathi river. However, after Bhojwasa, the track’s land is actually there. Fertile and known by some professional trekkers as the arctic tundra. On reaching Bhojwasa. We will set up our camp at a possible camp site near the river and rest for some time. Later in the afternoon, we will explore the areas around the camp site for ourselves. And watch the beautiful sunset at Bhagirathi Peak. Enjoy dinner and tent stay at Bhojwasa.
THE TREKKING TRAIL
- Today we will wake up early in the morning to see the stunning views of group of Bhagirathi peaks. After morning breakfast, we will trek from Bhojwassa to Gomukh, the source of the Ganges. The place got its name from their shapes that appear as the mouth of a cow. According to the legend, Gomukh is the place from where the water of holy Ganga River falls down from the glaciers. On reaching Gomukh, we will explore the region and thereafter continue trekking ahead towards Tapovan, one of the high towering height alpine meadows with beautiful background. The place is famous for its wild flowers, spectacular meadows and gleaming streams. Tapovan is a gateway for various trekking routes and hold a huge base camp. On reaching Tapovan, we will set up the tents and enjoy dinner followed by an overnight in tents.
CLOSE VIEW MOUNTAINS
- Today’s trail will turn out to be one of the most treasured experiences of your life.. However, be careful and be careful to tell your story to others.. By now you must have seen a rough glacier from afar, or maybe walk on it Even if you’ve seen it, you’ll pass it on today!! As you start the day, we head to the glacier, and then begin. our exciting journey across the wide glacier, which has crevices. tar, huge boulders, loose rocks and a chunk of ice at the bottom. It is an unstable moving river. carefully!! Trekking on the wide glacier requires immense energy and good motivation. After crossing it, we begin our steep climb to Nandanvan. a beautiful meadow surrounded by towering peaks and glaciers. Overnight in tent.
BACK TO BHOJWASA
- Morning after breakfast, we will leave for Nandanvan for Bhojbasa Which will take around 5 to 6 hours.
- Overnight stay in tents.
BACK TO GANGOTRI /UTTARKASHI
- Morning after breakfast, we will leave for Bhojbasa for Gangotri. Which will take around 4 to 5 hours. Same day drive to Uttarkashi 100 km.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
- Morning post breakfast, we will drive from Uttarkashi to Rishikesh which is 168 kms. Which will take around 5 to 6 hours.
- Departure day.
Submit Query Form
EVENTS BY ACTIVITY
EVENTS BY GRADE
EVENTS BY DURATION
Follow Us On
©2022. greatadventure.in All Rights Reserved.