Kalindi Khal pass (5,950 M)
14N / 15D
P & D
Uttarkashi To rishikesh
may, june, september, october
uttarkashi-gangotri-bhojwasa-nandanvan-khara pathar-sweta glacier-kalindi khal-raja paraw-ghastoli-badrinath-rishikesh
Kalindi Khal Pass
Kalindi Khal Pass If you are an avid trekker on Indian Himalayas and hanging around for some time, Kalindi Khal trek (same as Kalindi Pass trek) has been surely ringing in your ears by now. Maybe you have already this in your bucket list too, as this is probably the “most sought-after trek in Indian Himalayas”. At the same time certainly you have heard scary incidents and challenges on this incredible route. A trek like Kalindi Khal has plenty of overwhelming reasons to venture out and at the same time needs detailed understanding of the trail, adequate experience, and last but not the least – a suitable weather window to safely complete this epic trek.
The below picture gives you an idea how it may look like on a clear day, looking towards north from the pass. The view from the pass is surely unparalleled and unique.
Peak panorama from Kalindi Khal
This 86 Km long trail (shortest motorable route is 426 Km!) connects two holy shrines of Gangotri and Badrinath over a glaciated pass almost at 6000 m. Undoubtedly it is the very core of Himalayas, rugged, arid, raw nature at its best. Unpredictable weather, difficult terrain, awkward campsites and acclimatisation challenges will surely test your physical and mental endurance.
EXPLORE TO UTTARKASHI
- Explore to Vishwanath Temple.
- Preparation for further move.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
WISIT TO GANGOTRI
- Kalindi khal pass starts from the holy city of Gangotri. The drive from Uttarkashi to Gangotri is a 100 km road trip through winding mountain roads. Which will pass through Harshil Valley.
- After reaching Gangotri, we will attend evening aarti at Gangotri temple. And seek blessings for the successful completion of the campaign. We will spend the night at a hotel in Gangotri
DAY OF GANGOTRI
- We will visit Gangotri on the day of Acclimatization such as Surya Kund. Pandava Gufa, Gangotri Mujem, and attend Ganga ji Aarti in the evening.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
THE TREKKING TRAIL
Today is the first day you’ll be trekking for the Kalindi Khal Pass. We’ll be waking up early, having breakfast, and start our trek towards Bhojwasa. The entire trek is in the Gangotri National Park.
The trek today is of gentle and easy ascent. It is a well-paved path and you will also meet several pilgrims on the way to Gaumukh and Gangotri glacier. The views of Sudarshan Parbat will accompany you soon after starting your trek. You will be trekking beside the Bhagirathi river. You can hear the gentle and meditating sound of the Bhagirathi river flowing down below.
Once you reach Chirbasa, rest and have some snacks and continue your trek towards the Bhojwasa campsite. The trail to Bhojwasa has several landslide-prone sections as well so we will need to be careful and watchful for any falling rocks.
Just before you reach Bhojwasa, you will see views of the whole valley ahead of you. This is an amazing viewpoint. Once you reach Bhojwasa, you can get the first views of Mt. Shivling. The Bhagirathi river flows just beside the campsite overnight in tents.
CLOSE VIEWS OF MOUNTAINS
- Early in the mornig enjoy the penoramic view of the Bhagirthi group of peaks after breakfast trek to Gaumukh 3,895 mtr the source of Ganges. Gaumukh is where the water of Ganga trickles down form the glaciers. The sages called it Gaumukh because in the distant past it probably appeared like a cow ‘s mouth. Explore the area and trek to Tapovan one of the finest high altitude alpine meadows in the area. The trek form Gaumukh to Tapovan is ascent steep and as we climb the view of the surrounding peaks become clearer Tapovan know for its beautiful meadows that encircle the base camp of the Shivling peak Tapovan is a very pleasant surprise spotwith a large meadow camplete with a bubbling streams wildflowers and campsites. Herds of Bhral ( blue mountain goats ) are a common sight from here on mountain ridges .On the far side of the glacier the Bhagirthi l, ll, lll, 6,454 mtr provide an equally impressive backdrop. It is also the little wonder where sadhus and saints choose this spot for extended meditation during the long summer month . Arrive Tapovan and camp. Dinner and overnight stay in camp.
DAY TO NANDANVAN
- On this day we start early & head to the great Meru Glacier . After a brief halt to explore Meru Glacier , we trace back to Nandanvan via Gomukh glacier . The route from Tapovan leads from the upper section of the meadow till down and onto the glacier . From Gomukh turn towards Nandanvan ( 4340m ) and steering on right one will be on top of the Gangotri glacier . The glacier runs between two ranges and the landslides make a layer of rocky moraine on the ice which makes the walking easier . The glacier walk is very slippery and a slight lack of concentration would be dangerous . Huge crevasses gaped here and there . After walking for about a kilometer there is a vertical ascent . Big rocks en route offer grips and footholds but many of them are deceptive too . Dinner and overnight stay in tents .
DAY TO VASUKITAL
- Morning trek along with Chaturagi Glacier to reach Vasuki Tal a beautiful base for mt Satopanth and mt Vasuki Parbat with a small lake the trek is steady upward.
DAY TO KHARA PATHER / SURALYA BAMAK
- Today’s trek is of 6 hrs duration .view of mount Satopanth makes the whole experience worthwhile .it is one of the only two 7000+meter peaks in India.
DAY TO SWETA GLACIER
- Today’s trek is of relatively short duration . The campsite is a moraine area filled with rocks and boulders not an ideal campsite but is a must for acclimatization purpose.
DAY TO KALINDI BASE CAMP
- We will start our day early today, it is a short walk, but since most of the trek will be in the Moraine region, it is always good to have time on the way to Chaturangi Glacier which got its name because of the 4 colors (Pink, Yellow, Brown) . ,green) as it appears at this location. This glacial flow emanating from this glacier is a major tributary to the Gangotri galaxy. Today’s camping site is the Kalindi Glacier, just ahead of the opening between the Kalindi Khal/Pass avalanche and the Kalindi Peak.
DAY TO KALINDI KHAL RAJA PARAV
- Today is day D and everyone should get up early in the morning and get ready, climbing the pass is not easy by any standard and hence requires constant movement till we reach the pass. To the people you reach close to, you will realize that all the top and hard work was worth every second. You will get spectacular views of Mount Kamet, Mount Mana, Chandra Parvat Vasuki Mountain and the Tibetan Plateau on a clear day. After crossing the snow-covered terrain, today we will camp in the Raj Parv.
DAY TO ARWA TAL
- A long walk on glacier terrain leads to Arwa Tal
DAY TO GHASTOLI
- After a long walk through the moraines we will reach Ghastoli today. on the way you will see terrain changing dramatically form grey to green a you get closet to Ghastoli .Ghastoli is a beautiful meadow and a treat for the eyes.
DAY TO MANA VILLAGE / BADRINATH
- Drive to down the Mana Pass road to Badrinath.
- We will board a vehicle from Badrinath to Rishikesh, and reach Rishikesh via Joshimath
WHY CHOOSE US ?
Kalindi Khal Pass with Great Adventure Gangotri
Contact us for planning your Kalindi Khal Pass with best travel packages of as per your requirements!
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as Inbound tour operator & Adventure tour operator. Registered with Indian Mountaineering Foundation. ( IMF )
EVENTS BY ACTIVITY
EVENTS BY GRADE
EVENTS BY DURATION
Follow Us On
©2022. greatadventure.in All Rights Reserved.