Mt: Bhagirthi iI Expedition (6,512 M)
17N / 18D
P & D
Uttarkashi To Uttarkashi
may, june, september, october
Mt. Bhagirthi ll Expedition
Mount Bhagirathi ll (21,364 ft) is the second highest peak of the Bhagirathi massif. located in the Gangotri range of mountains in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand.
The peak reaches a height of 6,512M right now above the Gangotri Glacier. and the Bhagirathi River which later forms the Ganges, emerging from Gaumukh.
Mount Bhagirathi II is the most popular of its sister peaks of Bhagirathi l (6,856M) and Bhagirathi lll (6,454M). because of its less technical approach to climbing.
With mesmerizing views of the famous peaks of. Thalaisagar, Shivalinga and Meru, the climb to Bhagirathi ll peak is not for the faint hearted.
Significant trekking experience along with past mountaineering experience of 6,000m+ peaks. Is essential to embark on this challenging yet spectacular expedition.
And the Bhagirathi ll expedition will must the use of ropes, crimps and ice axes.
The summit gives you unimaginable views of the entire Gangotri region. And trekkers from all over the world undertake this expedition to fulfill. your dreams of conquering one of the most beautiful peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas.
May, June and September, October are the best months to do this campaign. Mount Bhagirathi to ll.
EXPLORE TO UTTARKASHI
- Explore to Vishwanath Temple.
- Preparation for further move.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
WISIT TO GANGOTRI
- Mount Bhagirathi 2 expedition starts from the holy city of Gangotri. The drive from Uttarkashi to Gangotri is a 100 km road trip through winding mountain roads. Which will pass through Harshil Valley.
- After reaching Gangotri, we will attend evening aarti at Gangotri temple. And seek blessings for the successful completion of the campaign. We will spend the night at a hotel in Gangotri
DAY OF GANGOTRI
- We will visit Gangotri on the day of Acclimatization such as Surya Kund. Pandava Gufa, Gangotri Mujem, and attend Ganga ji Aarti in the evening.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
THE TREKKING TRAIL
Today is the first day you’ll be trekking for the Mt. Bhagirathi 2 Expedition. We’ll be waking up early, having breakfast, and start our trek towards Bhojwasa. The entire trek is in the Gangotri National Park.
The trek today is of gentle and easy ascent. It is a well-paved path and you will also meet several pilgrims on the way to Gaumukh and Gangotri glacier. The views of Sudarshan Parbat will accompany you soon after starting your trek. You will be trekking beside the Bhagirathi river. You can hear the gentle and meditating sound of the Bhagirathi river flowing down below.
Once you reach Chirbasa, rest and have some snacks and continue your trek towards the Bhojwasa campsite. The trail to Bhojwasa has several landslide-prone sections as well so we will need to be careful and watchful for any falling rocks.
Just before you reach Bhojwasa, you will see views of the whole valley ahead of you. This is an amazing viewpoint. Once you reach Bhojwasa, you can get the first views of Mt. Shivling. The Bhagirathi river flows just beside the campsite overnight in tents.
CLOSE VIEWS OF MOUNTAINS
- We will be trekking to Nandanvan today, the base camp for the Mt. Bhagirathi 2 Expedition. The trail to Nandanvan continues up and beyond Gaumkh, the snout of the Gangotri glacier. We’ll be crossing the moraine and glacier and continue towards the left and to Nandanvan – a beautiful meadow.
Once we reach, we’ll be resting and let our bodies acclimatize to the high-altitude environment. We’ll be spending the time discussing the climbing route and observing the features of the mountain. We’ll also have a briefing and training session in the evening to refresh the technical climbing skills.
Have your dinner and rest well for the night tents.
- Base camp acclimatization day.
- Overnight stay in tents.
NEXT 10 DAYS
- Next 10 days for Acclimatization, Establish higher camps and summit Mt. Bhagirathi II (6512M).
Meals: All meals with high altitude food
- Departure form Uttarkashi
WHY CHOOSE US ?
Mount Bhagirathi ll Expedition with Great Adventure Gangotri
Contact us for planning your Bhagirathi ll Expedition with best travel packages of as per your requirements!
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as Inbound tour operator & Adventure tour operator. Registered with Indian Mountaineering Foundation. ( IMF )
EVENTS BY ACTIVITY
EVENTS BY GRADE
EVENTS BY DURATION
Follow Us On
©2022. greatadventure.in All Rights Reserved.