Mt: Bandarpunch Expedition (6,316 M)
14N / 15D
P & D
Uttarkashi To Uttarkashi
may, june, september, october
uttarkashi-sukhi -forest camp-base camp-camp 1-summit-camp 1-base camp-forest camp-sukhi -uttarkashi
Mt. Bandarpunch Expedition
The name Bandarpunch / Bandarpunch (also spelled as Bandarpoonch.) literally means “Monkey’s tail” in Hindi. And it is a lovely mountain in the western Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. There are three mountains in the massif above 6000 meters. namely Bandarpunch I (6316 m) and Bandarpunch II (6102 m) and Kalanag (Black Peak) with twin peaks of 6387 m. Bandarpunch II is also known as ‘White Shikhar’. Massif can be easily seen from many places in Garhwal. The first successful operation of Bandarpunch. was led by Major General Harold Williams in 1950. In which the great mountaineer Tenzing Norgay was also included. They reached near the mountain from the Hanuman Ganga valley. located in the south-west of the mountain. Doon School masters Jack Gibson and John Martin to give their kids. a climbing experience during the summer holidays. This area began to be used when the mountain rose to prominence. He was the first to actually trace the route in 1937. Tenzing Norgay in his autobiography refers to Bandarpunch as ‘The Dune School Mountain’. We walk the route southeast of the mountain. The same route, which was successfully climbed. for the first time in 1975 by the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering (NIM). When he took his students to the advanced mountaineering course in the spring. The trek to the base camp starts from Sukhi, which is located on the road leading to Gangotri. The base camp is a two day walk from here and we set up two alpine camps above the base camp before attempting the summit. The climb route is fairly straight but there is a lot of rift between Camp 1 and the summit. The mountain is an ideal training ground for climbing expeditions in the Himalayas. In which the summit offers incredible views of Garhwal’s high mountains. (including Satopanth, Sudarshan Parvat, Chandra Parvat, Svetvaran, Matri, Thelu. Srikanta, Jogin) to the south and east. Gangotri Range and Jaunali) and the mountains of Kinnaur in the western sky.
EXPLORE TO UTTARKASHI
- Explore to Vishwanath Temple.
- Preparation for further move.
- Overnight stay in hotel.
WISIT TO SUKHI / FOREST CAMP
- On our second day, we would start early and drive to Khushi. The drive is short and will take around 2 hours to 3 hours to reach the maximum. The happy trek will begin. Sukhi is basically a small village at an altitude of 2,250 m. It has very few houses which means very few population and large number of apple orchards. September to October is generally the time of apple harvesting here and hence you. Must have seen many villagers giving away their apples at no cost!! Isn’t this amazing? You may not find it in the cities or it may be a very rare case. where you can actually find something as eclectic as the people of this village. From Sukhi we will climb a lot of steps till Khagi Pass situated at an altitude of 2,950 meters. After reaching Khagi Pass, we will descend towards our camp downstream. The place certainly offers some spectacular views. of the route to the west and Gangotri 1,2 and 3 from the south and the Jaunli and Shrikant peaks. We would retire to our forest camps for the night only to have more energy and start the day with the same energy.
- Overnight at Tent Forest Camp.
THE TREKKING TRAIL
- On our tow days, we would go hiking in the camp. You will first descend at the meeting point of the rivers Son Garh and Chaiyyagarh. and walk along the banks of the Chaiyyagarh rivers till we reach our destination- Base Camp. The trek will first offer some mesmerizing views of the luscious green meadows. By going deep into the dense forests and finally going over the tree line. to reach our base camp which is at the end of Chhayyan Glacier. Along the way, we may meet some shepherds grazing. This is the beauty of trekking in Garhwal especially Bandarpunch. as it offers you so many vivid experiences to see and experience for yourself. We will stay
- Overnight at the base campsite.
- Base camp acclimatization day.
- Overnight stay in tents.
NEXT 8 DAYS
- Next 8 days for Acclimatization, Establish higher camps and summit Mt. Bandarpunch (6316M).
Meals: All meals with high altitude food
- Departure form Uttarkashi
WHY CHOOSE US ?
Mount Bandarpunch Expedition with Great Adventure Gangotri
Contact us for planning your Bandarpunch Expedition with best travel packages of as per your requirements!
INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Recognised by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as Inbound tour operator & Adventure tour operator. Registered with Indian Mountaineering Foundation. ( IMF )
EVENTS BY ACTIVITY
EVENTS BY GRADE
EVENTS BY DURATION
Follow Us On
©2022. greatadventure.in All Rights Reserved.